(1) Timothy Bennett of Mitcheldean, Glos., merchant.
(2) Anne Weare of Hampton Bishop, widow and the Rev Thomas William Weare of Hampton Bishop and of Little Dean’s Yard in the City of Westminster, clerk.
(3) Charles Watkins of the City of Hereford, liquor merchant and brewer.
(4) John Cleave of the City of Hereford, gent.
Property: Messuage or inn called the Maiden’s Head Inn, together with the dwelling house, stables, granaries and buildings, and also the coach house granaries, stables and yards opposite the inn, all in the parish of All Saints, formerly in the tenure and occupation of Thomas Hoddell but now in the occupation of Henry Murphy.
Recites the sale of the Maidenhead Inn to Timothy Bennett in 1846 [CM20/55-56 above]. Also recites that on 8 Mar 1855, Timothy Bennett paid £200 to (2) as portion of the capital on the mortgage owed to them. The mortgage is transferred from (1) to (3) with the proviso that the interest is due every six months beginning on 18 May 1857, and the principal due and owing of £800 of the purchase money can be repaid at any time, upon which repayment, the mortgage is completed and the property conveyed to (3). In the meantime, the property is conveyed from (1) to (4) as trustee. The remaining £600 or the purchase money goes to (1).
Endorsement on the Indenture dated 10 Apr 1869, between Thomas William Weare and Charles Watkins, stating that Anne Weare died on 4 Jun 1861, and that the outstanding amount of £800 has been paid, therefore this Indenture is a Reconveyance of the property to Charles Watkins.
Also endorsed on the Indenture is a Memorandum that on 31 Jul 1889 made between John Watkins and Thomas Williams Allen of the one part and Charles Watkins and Alfred Watkins of the other part that the site of the Coach houses, granaries, stables and yard opposite the Maidenhead Inn were conveyed to the said Charles Watkins and Alfred Watkins.