The current parish church in Sussex Avenue was built in 1930, under Fr McCarthy. It is dedicated to St Frances of Rome (after Frances Webb who bequeathed money for the building of the church); the only church in England to be so dedicated.
Prior to this, the church was at Croft, dedicated to the Blessed Sacrament, and there is still a road in the area called Corpus Christi Road.
Before this, Ross was a Roman Catholic mission and priests were not usually resident, instead they travelled from Courtfield. Further information can be found in the leaflet about the church (BW85/3) and in the general register (BW85/1).